Peter Taggart petersirises@gmail.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 00:27:21 PDT
for delicate over head watering with a watering can you need a fine 'rose',
mounted so that the holes face upwards. The top one on this page is
suitable. http://haws.co.uk/products/accessories/… For
individual pots there is a device which acts as a downward facing spout
which is pictured further down the page as "rose and spout sets"
Peter (UK)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:30 AM, John Willis <willis@fred.net> wrote:

> "Apply a liquid fertilizer, diluted to about half the strength recommended
> by the manufacturer, to the seedlings two or three times during their
> growing season. "
> But no one says how to do this.  I water the plants with an overhead
> mister/sprinkler combination that has worked really well.  But when I tried
> to use a small watering can to apply liquid fertilizer this evening, I
> found it was really disturbing the soil in my nice little 4 inch pots with
> gravel surfaces.  Surely there is a better way, but I haven't seen any
> reference to how to do this most effectively.

More information about the pbs mailing list