Import permits

Gastil Gastil-Buhl
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:33:00 PST

I phoned the APHIS Technical Help Desk. 
They say Jane is correct, that to get a PPQ From 587, even just for Small Lots of Seed, that one must get the higher level of eAuthentication, Level 2, and to get Level 2, one must visit a USDA office in person.
They said this has not changed in the last year. 

My guess is that to apply fully online and not have to paper mail anything with a pen on paper signature, that then one needs Level 2. 
But the Help Desk would not confirm that. They only handle ePermits; they do not handle permit applications submitted on paper. 

If I had to take a day off work to drive to a USDA station, yes I would go for a full plant import permit, not just Small Lots of Seed. 

- Gastil
47 miles from the nearest USDA Local Registration Authority Location

More information about the pbs mailing list