US seed import permits

Eugene Zielinski
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:02:20 PST
I have to agree with Michael.  When I applied for my permit, I looked at
the website and decided that applying electronically was too much of a
bother.  I printed the form off, filled it in by hand, and sent it in by US
mail.  I had my permit within four weeks.  I also did this for my renewal
and, I believe, my permit to import bulbs.

Eugene Zielinski
Rapid City, SD

> [Original Message]
> From: Michael Mace <>
> To: <>
> Date: 2/22/2013 6:33:51 PM
> Subject: Re: [pbs] US seed import permits
> Jane wrote:
> >> Also, after going through the initial series of steps you can do
> you have to physically go to a USDA extension office near your home
> (fortunately there are plenty of them near mine) and identify the staff
> member who is authorized to verify your identity by looking at your photo
> ID, and then that person will input the verification into their system
> If you use the option of ordering the permits by mail, you don't have to
> identify yourself to a USDA office.  You just send in the form and they
> you the permits.  It's not a huge hassle.
> For some reason I don't understand, the website encourages you to use
> registration for the permit, even though it's a lot more complicated for
> everyone involved.
> Mike
> San Jose, CA
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list

More information about the pbs mailing list