pbs Digest, Vol 130, Issue 7

Jyl Tuck genus1954@gmail.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:21:31 PST
Subject : Sorry about off topic.    I came about the Pbs. looking for info.
when I saw and read the Digest which was talking wild turkeys, deer, and
the like ( & bulbs).   So I chimed  in meaning no offence / not knowing the
rules.   All relates to me.  I enjoyed hearing others stories and Joyce's
comments of having things in common with me where she lives.  That is why I
join GARDENING interest groups.  We have bulbs in common too / but I'm not
just  limited to them.   Instead of monitoring peoples comments, You should
put up a memo letting newbees know what you expect.
Jyl Tuck        acreage in Yale, British Columbia, Canada  /   2 hours
inland from Vancouver at the start of The Fraser Canyon.


On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM, <pbs-request@lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Send pbs mailing list submissions to
>         pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         pbs-request@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         pbs-owner@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of pbs digest..."
>
>
> List-Post:&lt;mailto:pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> List-Archive:&lt;http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Wildlife in the City,et al (Hannon)
>    2. Re: Wildlife in the City,et al (Alberto Castillo)
>    3. Re: Wildlife in the City,et al (Colleen)
>    4. Re: Wildlife in the City,et al (Shelley Gage)
>    5. Sorry about off-topic (Ceridwen Lloyd)
>    6. Re: Snakes on a Plain (Leo A. Martin)
>    7. Re: Snakes on a Plain (John C. MacGregor IV)
>    8. Pacific BX 352 CLOSED (ds429)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 19:50:23 -0700
> From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> To: Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAFsz2W-yUUfqHJDbVfnkNr01yW_5uqcTOhrVFB7f36KEvgOiGw@mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Agreed also. Is it more the absence of "bulb talk" than the presence of
> related topics that seems to irritate some? If there were more talk of
> bulbs then the vacuum might not be filled with animal stories. I'd like to
> talk about Frisbees but I just can't seem to find an angle ...
>
> Dylan
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 02:59:20 +0000
> From: Alberto Castillo <ezeizabotgard@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> To: Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID: <BAY168-W357E95B71EC9B75AB08D55AEF70@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I've learned a lot from those recent first hand reports on local wildlife
> in different parts fof the wolrd. Worse than this is the misleading
> information on plants that are not bulbs and do not behave like such that
> is so abundant at times.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 20:13:52 -0700
> From: "Colleen" <silkie@frontiernet.net>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> To: "'Pacific Bulb Society'" <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID: <099401ced842$b9cd6550$2d682ff0$@frontiernet.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"
>
> I agree and would second a previous request.  It would be very helpful, and
> educational, whatever the topic, if posters would add their location to
> their signature.
>
> Colleen NE Calif., USA
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]
> On Behalf Of Alberto Castillo
> Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:59 PM
> To: Pacific Bulb Society
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
>
> I've learned a lot from those recent first hand reports on local wildlife
> in
> different parts fof the wolrd. Worse than this is the misleading
> information
> on plants that are not bulbs and do not behave like such that is so
> abundant
> at times.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:37:28 +1100
> From: Shelley Gage <s.gage100@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> To: PBS Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID: <SNT149-W434F8CD2AB472B8ADF18ADA7F70@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Agreed. Shelley  Goomboorian, Queensland
>
> > From: silkie@frontiernet.net
> > To: pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> > Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 20:13:52 -0700
> > Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> >
> > I agree and would second a previous request.  It would be very helpful,
> and
> > educational, whatever the topic, if posters would add their location to
> > their signature.
> >
> > Colleen NE Calif., USA
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:
> pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]
> > On Behalf Of Alberto Castillo
> > Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:59 PM
> > To: Pacific Bulb Society
> > Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City,et al
> >
> > I've learned a lot from those recent first hand reports on local
> wildlife in
> > different parts fof the wolrd. Worse than this is the misleading
> information
> > on plants that are not bulbs and do not behave like such that is so
> abundant
> > at times.
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > pbs mailing list
> > pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > pbs mailing list
> > pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:54:02 +1030
> From: Ceridwen Lloyd <ceridwen@internode.on.net>
> Subject: [pbs] Sorry about off-topic
> To: Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Cc: Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID: <0B2D6160-0783-466A-99E1-F9BE408ABC25@internode.on.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset=us-ascii
>
> Hi all,
> Sorry about the second email going out widely, it wasn't meant to ('twas
> intended for Jim alone in response to his remark about casual mention of
> venomous snakes).
> The first one was to provide an antipodean snapshot of garden life as I
> have rather enjoyed the reports of moose vs trees, groundhogs not liking
> spiked sauerkraut etc. We certainly seem to garden in very diverse places.
> Will only talk bulbs now!
> Ceridwen
> (for those interested, hills above the plains of Adelaide, South Australia
> -  Zone 9 but slightly more rainfall and about 2 degrees cooler and
> frostier than the plains. I am a climate zone denier and attempt zone 8
> flora.)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 3 Nov 2013, at 11:01 am, clayton3120 clayton3120 <
> clayton3120@cablespeed.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone monitoring these posts?
> >
> >
> >> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM, richard <xerics@cox.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Pacific Boar Society
> >>
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:
> pbs-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]
> >> On Behalf Of clayton3120 clayton3120
> >> Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 4:51 PM
> >> To: Pacific Bulb Society
> >> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City
> >>
> >> ??????????? Are these emails from the Pacific Bulb Society?
> >>
> >>
> >> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM, B Spencer <bea.spencer@sympatico.ca>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Leo, in this case I will have to check for the tusks when the boys are
> >>> back from the hunt. Hair and lots of it is guaranteed.
> >>> Bea in Ontario.
> >>>
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> From: Leo A. Martin
> >>> Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 1:26 PM
> >>> To: pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> >>> Subject: Re: [pbs] Wildlife in the City
> >>>
> >>> Mark wrote
> >>>
> >>>> Escaped domestic or 'pet' pigs will revert back to their wild state
> >>>> in a relatively short time.
> >>>> And that doesn't mean the next generation - the actual escapee will
> >>>> begin to grow hair and tusks in the wild.
> >>>
> >>> That happens to male humans also.
> >>>
> >>> Leo Martin
> >>> Phoenix Arizona USA
> >>>
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> pbs mailing list
> >>> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> >>> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> >>> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> ---
> >>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
> >>> protection is active.
> >>> http://www.avast.com/
> >>>
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> pbs mailing list
> >>> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> >>> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> >>> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> pbs mailing list
> >> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> >> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> >> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> pbs mailing list
> >> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> >> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> >> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
> > _______________________________________________
> > pbs mailing list
> > pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 22:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Leo A. Martin" <leo@possi.org>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Snakes on a Plain
> To: pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> Message-ID: <17518461a305cce707696b7f885bd2d2.squirrel@http://www.possi.org/>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>
> > Pressure bandage is required for all toxic
> > Australian snakes...
>
> On my next bulb hunting expedition to Australia, if I find myself in the
> wild, for
> example in the plains where the yellow Crinum grow, and I encounter a
> poisonous snake, I
> would like to know how to use one of these devices. But first-aid
> terminology in the US
> seems to be somehow different than in Australia, and here a pressure
> bandage would be a
> wide bandage applied over a wound to stanch bleeding, so would you mind
> explaining what
> "pressure bandage" means in Australia? We might save a lot of bulb
> hunter's lives with
> this information.
>
> Leo Martin
> Phoenix Arizona USA
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 00:18:39 -0700
> From: "John C. MacGregor IV" <jonivy@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [pbs] Snakes on a Plain
> To: Pacific Bulb Society <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID: <44414987-2B70-425E-A17C-150DD0D9BCC0@earthlink.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Leo,
>
> I interpreted "pressure bandage" to mean a tourniquet to limit the spread
> of the venom through the blood vessels and keep it from reaching the heart
> before an antivenin could be administered.  Am I wrong in this assumption?
>
> John C. MacGregor IV
> Horticultural Consultant
> South Pasadena,  CA
> USDA Zone 9
> Sunset Zones 21/23
>
>
> On Nov 2, 2013, at 10:40 PM, "Leo A. Martin" <leo@possi.org> wrote:
>
> >> Pressure bandage is required for all toxic
> >> Australian snakes...
> >
> > On my next bulb hunting expedition to Australia, if I find myself in the
> wild, for
> > example in the plains where the yellow Crinum grow, and I encounter a
> poisonous snake, I
> > would like to know how to use one of these devices. But first-aid
> terminology in the US
> > seems to be somehow different than in Australia, and here a pressure
> bandage would be a
> > wide bandage applied over a wound to stanch bleeding, so would you mind
> explaining what
> > "pressure bandage" means in Australia? We might save a lot of bulb
> hunter's lives with
> > this information.
> >
> > Leo Martin
> > Phoenix Arizona USA
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > pbs mailing list
> > pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> > http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 03:49:47 -0800 (PST)
> From: ds429 <ds429@frontier.com>
> Subject: [pbs] Pacific BX 352 CLOSED
> To: pbs <pbs@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <1383479387.38712.YahooMailNeo@web121903.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>
> Packages should go out within the week.
> ?
> Enjoy,
> Dell
> ?
> Dell Sherk, PBS BX
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
>
>
> End of pbs Digest, Vol 130, Issue 7
> ***********************************
>





More information about the pbs mailing list