off topic, bloom / flower / back yard

Peter Taggart
Sat, 08 Feb 2014 11:06:45 PST
But, please, what is the U.S.A. English term for the British back yard????
I already know the meaning of the U.S.A. back yard!
I also know the interchangeability of bloom and flower in U.S.A English. It
is not the same in the English which I speak.

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM, penstemon <> wrote:

> I would like to know the American English
> term for a  utilitarian space such as the British 'back yard'.
> A back yard. In America (or at least in my part of it), a back yard is ...

More information about the pbs mailing list