December photos

Started by Arnold, December 31, 2021, 01:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Here's a couple for the end of the year.

Happy New Year.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Arnold

Two more

Arnold
Arnold T.
North East USA

gastil

Nevermind.
It apparently takes a minute or two for the photos to appear. At first those posts had no images and now they do.

(before I wrote below)
I do not see a photo Arnold. I am logged in. Maybe the photo got deleted?
(referring to the "Two more" and the "Here's a couple..."

Also, I thought I was not getting notifications anymore to my email but just now I remembered to check and yep they landed in the spam folder.
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

David Pilling

Quote from: gastil on December 31, 2021, 06:27:00 PMIt apparently takes a minute or two for the photos to appear.

No it does not.

Martin Bohnet

Wow, that Ferraria makes me really jealous - I'm happy to get the crispas to work most of the time but that will still take months.

About my new year flower count: Cyclamen coum is a near miss, maybe it will open in the next few days which still will be unusually warm here. I can also watch Gymnospermium albertii grow centimeters a day with the warm weather, still no flowering yet. So all I've got is that Massonia (bought as pustulata, but I'd say longipes, too), Strumaria prolifera, and of course Heleborus niger. No way to get anywhere near Uli's algarve pics in Germany.... oh, and of course the odd Primula or pansy - do they count? they never stop flowering completely....
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Arnold

I missed the upload feature so the photos didn't attach. I'll something different later today.  Watching a bit of soccer AKA Fussball.

Arnold T.
North East USA

Arnold

Othonna cakilifolia  Known as Baboon cabbage
Arnold T.
North East USA

Martin Bohnet

couldn't find too much on that one - does it somehow count as bulbous, and, if yes, should it goto the wiki??

Arnold

It's not a monocot but forms a tuber, bulb, corm or rhizome.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Arnold

Here's a yellow. O. perfoilata
Arnold T.
North East USA

gastil

Blooming now
Nope. Photos do not convert format from iPhone

gastil

I notice 'Quick Edit' does not allow image attach. So new post here to attach, via my desktop, the photos converted to .jpg that I could not attach from my iPhone (in one step). I also attach the screenshot of the error message informing me why the iPhone photos could not be attached.

Not imediately obvious to me whether I need to both UPLOAD and INSERT, or only UPLOAD, for the photos to appear. The preview mode does show them as attached. So, experimenting. (Caps only used to imitate the button font.)

Martin Bohnet

Quick edit does not, modify does. Unfortunately it seems your error message picture did cut off the file format information. Oh and thanks for rubbing me those Moraea polystachia flowers in the face, for me they most of the time produce buds which never open because it's too cold, too dark or both ;)

gastil

Discovered the "take photo " option does use jpg.
For Martin, more M polystachya.
Just now, in my garden.

Diane Whitehead

Two photos of Othonna were posted that looked identical.

When I clicked on the first one, it leaped up off the page into my Downloads file and then appeared as a large photo in Preview. 

That did not happen when I clicked on the second.  It just opened up as a larger photo, as I expected.

What was different about the first one?

I will now click all the other photos to see how they behave.
Diane Whitehead        Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters  70 cm rain,   sandy soil