Calochortus for Narcissus seeds

Started by Carlos, September 15, 2022, 07:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

Hi, I have just decided to start a Calochortus collection. I think I have good conditions for most species outdoors (zone 10, autumn-spring rainfall with a decrease in December-February, eastern coast of Spain near sea level).

I know there are many members from California, where most species occur.

I am interested in botanical taxa, with field data whenever possible (also Zephyranthes and Tigridia).

I can offer seeds of most species in Narcissus, or sometimes bulbs (within the EU). Also several rhizomatous Iris and some in subgenus (or genus) Xiphion, several euro-Asian Allium, Prospero (Scilla), Urginea undulata, Lapiedra martinezii, Acis valentina, Oncostema (Scilla peruviana group), Colchicum bulbocodium (=Bulbocodium vernum), Sternbergia (only EU for the moment)....

I am starting to water my pots but I have plenty of things still in paper bags, so if anyone is interested please feel free to tell me what you are looking for.

Thanks

Carlos

Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm

Randy Linke

Hello Carlos,

I just saw your post.  I probably have some calochortus seed to spare, but I am very behind in going through my seed and planting it due to a remodel that happened months earlier than expected.  Currently it is all sealed in the refrigerator but once I get in to see what is there and I can spare I will let you know.  Thank you again for all the seed you sent me when I arrived in Spain.

Martin Bohnet

@Carlos you may also be aware that the current EX also includes 5 species of Calochortus. It closes on Monday night.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Carlos

OK, Randy, many thanks. I am way behind my sowing also.

Every Calochortus ordered, Martin, thanks.

Carlos
Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm