It rained yesterday

Started by MarcR, July 26, 2023, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcR

It rained yesterday!  The rain was not measurable in inches or even in millimeters.  The best measure I can think of is 137 droplets per windshield.  But it rained! :D
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F  -9.4C.  Rainfall 50"+  but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight.  soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus.  Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix.

David Pilling

Quote from: MarcR on July 26, 2023, 11:56:41 PMIt rained yesterday! 

I don't want to be competitive but it rained yesterday, it is raining now, it will rain tomorrow, the measure we use is inches per day. Here on a small island in the Atlantic, July is proving unusually wet.

MarcR

David,

I'm glad for your abundance!  I was striving for humor.... I guess I missed. >:(
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F  -9.4C.  Rainfall 50"+  but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight.  soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus.  Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix.

Arnold

Yesterday we had the equivalent of one month's rain in a couple of hours.  NYC was basically  closed for business and subways were flooded.

Not far from where I grew up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTECG3p4-1g
Arnold T.
North East USA

David Pilling

Amazing, I'd heard of the rain but not seen pictures. The vortex reminds me that the danger when areas flood is from missing manhole covers.

Arnold

The whirlpool may be from a manhole cover that popped off due to the torrent of water.
Arnold T.
North East USA