favicon same as wiki

Started by gastil, March 24, 2021, 08:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gastil

Hi forum admins,
Could we please have a different favicon for the forum than for the wiki and pbs website?
Because I'm one of those people who have a gazillion browser tabs open so the page titles do not show, only the favicons.
If this is a frivolous request, then disregard.
Thanks guys.
G

Still not used to forum message format. I guess I do not sign it, right? How will folks know what climate we garden in if we do not sign our posts?
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

David Pilling

Yes about the favicon.

On the SRGC forum I used to have a byline "gardening by the seaside in North England". Guess you can set it up in your profile.

I have the sense of being lost here - so many posts, and so much clicking to find them. It's a lot easier to moderate the PBS list.

How about a rule, for every board we have to find a moderator.

gastil

Topic title should have been "Decoration" or "CSS" or something to generally refer to colors and appearances because...

Since our forum is using what I assume is the default css, it looks identical in background, layout, colors as the SRGC forum and SMF's own Help forum.
Something as basic as using green hues instead of blue hues would distinguish pbs's forum from others.

Again, if frivolous then > /dev/null

David Pilling

Yes, profile->forum profile lets you have a photo (avatar), tag line, set up your location etc. etc.

gastil

The "Gardening by the seaside..." is your Personal Text, not your Signature. And I agree it is better to put that there because the signature hogs screenspace below each message whereas the Personal Text is at left in a <td> which would be blank there otherwise anyway.

Notice I did finally figure out why SMF was timing out when I tried to upload my avatar pic. It had to be tiny (in this case 155x155 pixels) or I got a "timed out" error.

Still exploring... I am sure I will find LOTS more to complain about. :)

gastil

Quote from: DavidPilling on March 24, 2021, 08:42:55 AM
How about a rule, for every board we have to find a moderator.

OK I will modify the board "Tiny Blue Bulbs that are Winter Growers in a Mild Mediterranean Climate and how to Propagate them from Seed".