How does "Unread Posts" work?

Started by Leo, April 26, 2022, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

The first time I came to the forum I clicked on Unread Posts and got all the messages displayed in a date-sorted list of threads. Does the software recognize I've read a post, or do I need to mark that myself? If it were automatic I could click Unread Posts to see everything new since I last dropped in.

Randy Linke

My experience so far is that when I open a post it automatically is read.  If it is commented on, then it comes up again as unread.  The only complaint I have is that if new posts are on a new page you have to manually click to that page.  If you miss that there is a new page and do not click it then it remains as an unread post.  

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

David Pilling

Martin Bohnet

Quote from: Randy Linke on April 27, 2022, 01:48:28 AMThe only complaint I have is that if new posts are on a new page you have to manually click to that page.  If you miss that there is a new page and do not click it then it remains as an unread post. 

If you click on the orange "NEW"Label you'll jump directly to the first new entry in that topic.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Leo

I'm not complaining and not suggesting, just observing.

When I read individual posts they are removed from the category of "Unread" posts. Using the link
https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?action=recent
does permit one to read all posts in order, but this does not toggle the Unread switch.

Lee Poulsen

Pasadena, California, USA - USDA Zone 10a
Latitude 34°N, Altitude 1150 ft/350 m