How to Upload a Paper on Griffinia from Herbertia 54; 1999

Started by Bern, June 15, 2022, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bern

I have received from my local Library a pdf entitled: The Genus Griffinia Ker Gawler, by Kevin D. Preuss. It was published in Herbertia, Vol. 54, 1999 and is 15 pages long with some nice color photographs. The pdf is 5MB.  I would like to post it to the Forum, but I am unsure if it will upload a file this large. Is this something that the Administrators will allow and that the Forum membership would find worthwhile?  I presume that members would be able to download the file from the Forum, but I am unsure of this also.  Would David or Diane please let me know if this is AOK?  And, if so, is it able to be uploaded like a photo?  And finally, would you suggest which Forum area would be most appropriate for it?  Thanks for your help.

Bern in Williamsburg

David Pilling

The main point is copyright. Do you own the copyright, or is the material copyright free, in the public domain or whatever. I am vaguely aware of goings on with Herbertia. Something like there a project to make it all available in the public domain.

For material where copyright allows you can upload pdf files here. The process is just like attaching photos. Use the "attachments and other options" buttons below.

I'm sure people would find material useful - but I don't think we want to get a reputation for distributing copyright material - there are other sites on the internet for that.

Which area... where you'd put a post on Griffinia.

Max file size is currently 32MB

David Pilling

Bern

Hi David,

Thank you for your insights and comments about copyrights. I had not considered this before and I am happy that I asked about posting this paper prior to actually doing so. It's a very informative paper, but anyone who is interested in obtaining a copy can ask the reference folks at their local library and they will be able to provide them with a copy of it. The copy I received was free of charge. 

Bern in Williamsburg