Uli (please tell us about Portugal fires)

Started by Bulbous, July 18, 2022, 11:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbous

Hey Uli, are you having any problems with fires or heat? I hope you avoid most of these events.

I get nervous here in California when either happens but especially so when I can see flames.

Jim Foster
Santa Barbara

Martin Bohnet

Hey Jim,

best way to attract a certain member is to @-Mention them - in this case @Uli  - he'll be noticed of that.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

janemcgary

I've been thinking about Uli in Portugal too, and also all our correspondents in other places undergoing terrible heat. We had a historic heat wave here in Oregon in June 2021, but this year seems normal so far, and no fires close enough to send a lot of smoke our way.

Uli

Hello @Jane and All,

Thank you very much for your concern. Portugal as a whole is severely affected by drought, the water reserve is depleting. My area in the mountains of Monchique seems to be less affected but is still very dry. The risk of fires is very high and very present, we had a fire in Monchique which could be extinguished fairly quickly. The garden has been cleaned of potential fuel and the house is prepared for a possible evacuation. We are trying to live with this in mind  as relaxed as possible.

Bye for now 

Uli 
Uli
Algarve, Portugal
350m elevation, frost free
Mediterranean Climate