SX 481 now closed

Started by Jan Jeddeloh, August 24, 2022, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Jeddeloh

SX 481 is now closed.  I will start filling orders in a couple of days.

Seed Exchange 481 is now open for orders until August 27 at 5pm PDT. You must be a paid up PBS member to order seed. Non-members may not order seed. Members in arrears for past SX/BX may not order seed.  I check.
This list includes seed from Mauro Peixoto's Brazil Plants.  Most of this seed is in very short supply, in many cases I was only able to divide the seed into two or three packets.  Normally I randomize orders and fill the entire order when I come to it in my stack.  For this SX I will still randomize the orders but I will only fill the top two requests of each order before going on to the next order.  After filling everyone's top two requests I will then go back through the orders and fill the rest of the requests.  This gives more people a chance to get some of the rarer seed and prevents the top few from getting it all. 
A couple of other notes.  I got Hymenocallis occidentalis seed today.  It is listed at the bottom because the labels were already printed.  Also some of you have sent me seed of hardy bulbs.  This seed will be offered in October in time for fall planting.  So do not worry.  I have it and will offer it.
Any order submitted by the deadline has an equal chance of being filled first. All orders should be submitted to seedyjan1@gmail.com with "SX 481" in the subject line.  Do not post your orders to the list!
Most of the seed packets are now labeled alphabetically with name, item number and SX number. The labels do not include additional information such as color, parents etc.  You'll need to transfer that information from the list.  Donor information is also available from the list.  In most cases the list now includes the number of packets available and if seed is available to make additional packets. 
Rules for ordering
Your name, address, and email should be listed first on your order.  Give your address just like you would on an envelope. Don't string it across a line; I can't tell what goes on what line. This is particularly important for foreign addresses. 
For example:
Sue Bulbcrazy
2654 Bulbnut Ln
Bulbnutsville, OR 92013
suebulbcrazy@ggmail.com
Seed is $2 per packet.  Your bill will reflect postage credit for any previous SX submissions.  Domestic postage will be charged at $4 per order.  All previous orders shipped for $4.30 to $4.90 per packet so I am standardizing postage at $4 per packet for all domestic orders.  The extra over the postage costs will help pay for the mailing envelopes. Foreign orders will be charged at cost.  You will receive a bill in your envelope which you can pay online at https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?page=membership
List your 15 first choices vertically in numeric order. For example:
13 Narcissus bulbocodium
14 Narcissus cantabricus
15 Romulea rosea
Be sure to include both number and name.
Unless you tell me differently I will assume you'll accept seed from a different donor if seed from your first choice donor is sold out.
List your alternates in numeric and alphabetical order.  You may star your first choice alternates.  You can also include notes to help me pull seeds that will make you happy.  For example; "any gladiolus seed ok as alternate".  If you don't list alternates I will only send the first choices I have available. I am not limiting people to 15 packets but if you want extras I will process the amount in excess of 15 packets after I am done filling the other orders.
No seed orders from countries that require a phytosanitary certificate. New Zealand orders are at your own risk for postage costs.  As best I can tell my last order to New Zealand did not get through. 
It is important to follow the ordering rules.  Orders that don't, and drive me crazy trying to fill them, may be put at the bottom of the stack!  Don't make me do that.
Contact me with any questions about the SX procedure, but not about the offerings, at seedyjan1@gmail.com.  Questions about germination or the suitability of the seed for your climate should be posted on the forum. 

I just discovered that xls filed are not an allowed attachment so check your emails.  I will get the list posted as soon as possible.  Sorry about that.

Jan Jeddeloh

I've finally got the list attached.  The lines from my Excel spreadsheet didn't show so it's not in the most readable format.  I'm still trying to figure out a better way to post this but I figured most people would rather see a less perfect list sooner than a perfectly displayed list later.  You'll notice I've extended the deadline for orders to Monday.

Seed Exchange 481 is now open for orders until August 29 at 5pm PDT. You must be a paid up PBS member to order seed. Non-members may not order seed. Members in arrears for past SX/BX may not order seed.  I check.
This list includes seed from Mauro Peixoto's Brazil Plants.  Most of this seed is in very short supply, in many cases I was only able to divide the seed into two or three packets.  Normally I randomize orders and fill the entire order when I come to it in my stack.  For this SX I will still randomize the orders but I will only fill the top two requests of each order before going on to the next order.  After filling everyone's top two requests I will then go back through the orders and fill the rest of the requests.  This gives more people a chance to get some of the rarer seed and prevents the top few from getting it all. 
A couple of other notes.  I got Hymenocallis occidentalis seed today.  It is listed at the bottom because the labels were already printed.  Also some of you have sent me seed of hardy bulbs.  This seed will be offered in October in time for fall planting.  So do not worry.  I have it and will offer it.
Any order submitted by the deadline has an equal chance of being filled first. All orders should be submitted to seedyjan1@gmail.com with "SX 481" in the subject line.  Do not post your orders to the list!
Most of the seed packets are now labeled alphabetically with name, item number and SX number. The labels do not include additional information such as color, parents etc.  You'll need to transfer that information from the list.  Donor information is also available from the list.  In most cases the list now includes the number of packets available and if seed is available to make additional packets. 
Rules for ordering
Your name, address, and email should be listed first on your order.  Give your address just like you would on an envelope. Don't string it across a line; I can't tell what goes on what line. This is particularly important for foreign addresses. 
For example:
Sue Bulbcrazy
2654 Bulbnut Ln
Bulbnutsville, OR 92013
suebulbcrazy@ggmail.com
Seed is $2 per packet.  Your bill will reflect postage credit for any previous SX submissions.  Domestic postage will be charged at $4 per order.  All previous orders shipped for $4.30 to $4.90 per packet so I am standardizing postage at $4 per packet for all domestic orders.  The extra over the postage costs will help pay for the mailing envelopes. Foreign orders will be charged at cost.  You will receive a bill in your envelope which you can pay online at https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?page=membership
List your 15 first choices vertically in numeric order. For example:
13 Narcissus bulbocodium
14 Narcissus cantabricus
15 Romulea rosea
Be sure to include both number and name.
Unless you tell me differently I will assume you'll accept seed from a different donor if seed from your first choice donor is sold out.
List your alternates in numeric and alphabetical order.  You may star your first choice alternates.  You can also include notes to help me pull seeds that will make you happy.  For example; "any gladiolus seed ok as alternate".  If you don't list alternates I will only send the first choices I have available. I am not limiting people to 15 packets but if you want extras I will process the amount in excess of 15 packets after I am done filling the other orders.
No seed orders from countries that require a phytosanitary certificate. New Zealand orders are at your own risk for postage costs.  As best I can tell my last order to New Zealand did not get through. 
It is important to follow the ordering rules.  Orders that don't, and drive me crazy trying to fill them, may be put at the bottom of the stack!  Don't make me do that.
Contact me with any questions about the SX procedure, but not about the offerings, at seedyjan1@gmail.com.  Questions about germination or the suitability of the seed for your climate should be posted on the forum. 

Jan

NameNotesDonorNumber Overflow
Albuca namaquensis (circinata)Rimmer De Vries10N
Babiana rubrocyaneaRobert Parks8N
3      Bomarea multifloraRobert Parks11N
4Chasmanthe bicolorEx IBS 98-67 seedMelanie Durst4N
5Cyrtanthus mackeniiPink flowersMauro-Brazil Plants2N
6Cyrtanthus mackeniiPale Yellow, Telos CloneRimmer DeVries9N
7Dracunculus canariensisRobert Parks10N
8Drimiopsis (Ledebouris) pusillaRimmer De Vries10N
9Eucrosia mirabilisRimmer De Vries10N
10Eucrosia mirabilisMichael Lowitz10N
11Ferraria sp.Arnold Trachtenberg3N
12Habranthus tubispathusLaura Grant9N
13Habranthus x floryi 'Green Base'Rimmer De Vries10N
14Hippeastrelia ex 'Durga Pradhan'Laura Grant10N
15Hippeastrum aulicum 'Corupá'Mauro-Brazil Plants2N
16  Hippeastrum calyptratum 'Biritiba'Mauro-Brazil Plants2N
17  Hippeastrum elegansMauro-Brazil Plants2N
18Hippeastrum glaucescensMauro-Brazil Plants3N
19Hippeastrum morelianumMauro-Brazil Plants3N
20Hippeastrum papilioFloat seed in water to germinate Marvin Ellenbecker11?
21 Hippeastrum psittacinumMauro-Brazil Plants2N
22    Hippeastrum x Johnsonii Hardy Red, white centerRimmer De Vries6Y
23Hymenocallis guerreroensisRimmer De Vries4N
24    Hypoxis obtusa (nitida)Rimmer De Vries10N
25ixia rapunculoidesRobert Parks3N
26Lachenalia nervosaArnold Trachtenberg4N
27Marah fabaceaRobert Parks3N
28Ornithogalum hispidulum?Robert Parks6N
29Pelargonium bowkeriRobert Parks2N
30Phaedranassa dubia?ex Ornduff #5674, Imbabua, EcuadorRimmer De Vries4N
31Phaedranassa tunguraguaeMauro-Brazil Plants2N
32Rhodophiala cipoensismay be cipoanaMauro-Brazil Plants3N
33Romulea hantamensisRobert Parks7N
34Sinningia bragae 'Ibitioca'Mauro-Brazil Plants2N
35Sinningia bullata 'Florianopolis'Mauro-Brazil Plants4N
36Sinningia conspicuaMauro-Brazil Plants7N
37Sinningia guttataMauro-Brazil Plants4N
38Sinningia helioana Mauro-Brazil Plants4N
39Sinningia iaraeMauro-Brazil Plants6N
40 Sinningia leopoldiiMauro-Brazil Plants5N
41Sinningia leucotrichaMauro-Brazil Plants5N
42Sinningia macropodaMauro-Brazil Plants7N
43Sinningia macrostachyaMauro-Brazil Plants10N
44Sinningia micansMauro-Brazil Plants6N
45Sinningia ramboiMauro-Brazil Plants5N
46Sinningia reitzii 'Corupá'Mauro-Brazil Plants4N
47Sinningia stapelioides 'Pancras'Mauro-Brazil Plants8N
48Trachyandra ciliataRobert Parks4N
49Velthemia bracteataPink, ex TelosMichael Lowitz4N
50Zephranthes mesochloa 'Galpão de Pedra'Mauro-Brazil Plants2N
51Zephyranthes 'Pink Beauty'Rimmer De Vries6N
52 Zephyranthes 'Sunset Strain'Rimmer De Vries9N
53Zephyranthes drummondiiRimmer De Vries10N
54Zephyranthes fosteri Ex BX 401Rimmer De Vries3N
55Zephyranthes primulinaMay have some Z. regina mixed in. Check in flw.Rimmer De Vries10Y
56Zephyranthes pulchellaEx Refugio TX, along US77 ex BX 402 Wade Roitshch coll.Rimmer De Vries10N
57  Hymenocallis occidentalis Specify # of seeds wantedCharles HunterMany seeds