BX 489 CLOSED

Started by Bwosczyna, November 21, 2022, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bwosczyna

All: You'll do me a favor and read this post/email in its entirety prior to ordering, won't you?  So we will have no confusion for ordering and your boxes can get out to you much more quickly?  I'll be grateful and especially thankful this week if you do. 

I will begin by acknowledging the late date for a BX.  Many of our members growing bulbs are on the west coast and I feel comfortable with making the offer.  My intention is to get this out the door on Saturday.  Therefore, this BX will be open until Wednesday at 9 p.m. PST. 

Any and all misspellings are entirely mine.  I needed to get the post up and did the best I could.  Should you find a necessary correction, feel free to make a post on the forum.  Jane isn't available today to check my list prior to posting, which is our normal protocol.
Standard rules apply for this BX:

Kindly review the list below and email me (do not reply to this email) with your request(s) to bulbexpbs@gmail.com.
I will send a simple acknowledgement of your email.  Should you not have a response from me within a day, please resend.

Be sure to include your full name and current address.

Bulbs are $3 each.  Some of these are only one share and in short supply.

This will be a lottery (however, if you did not receive something last round, kindly advise and I will try to assure some accommodation. Also, if there is something you really are looking to receive, it helps for me to know this as well.)

You must be current in your membership and you must be up-to-date on BX/SX charges. If you are uncertain, feel free to check with Jane McGary or Arnold Trachtenberg.

KINDLY NOTE:

Payments should no longer be made through the Paypal website due to changes in Paypal policies. PBS must be paid through the PBS website at: https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?page=BXpay

You are still free to send payment via check if that is your preference.

No orders to anywhere but the US and (sometimes) Canada can be entertained at this point.  We cannot furnish the appropriate phyto docs to other countries.

This BX will be open until Wednesday, November 23 9:00 p.m.(PST).
My email to the membership list includes two attachments with donor notes from Rimmer and Jim.  Due to my technological limitations, I am unable to attach pdfs of the documents hereto due to some space constraints.  May try to make an addendum post to the forum with those documents tomorrow.

Thank you to our current donors. 

The following are up for offer:

Charles Hunter
1.Amorphophallus kiusianus                       
  Mike Lowitz 
2.Nerine Krigei              
  Rimmer de Vries                     
3.Boophone  disticha                                                 
        can be planted in ground in spring or potted up for year round growth 
4.Sinningia warmingii          can be planted in grand in spring or potted up for year round growth   
5.Sinningia tubiflora
            can be planted in ground in spring or potted up for year round growth       
6.Lilium Asiatic      lancifolium var flaviflorum          Yellow Tiger lily diploid 
7.Lilium Asiatic      'Nutcracker'      tetraploid form of Nutcracker   
8.Lilium Aurelian  'Tanecnice'          Bretislav Miculka registered aurelian- early yellow with short pedicels       
9.Lilium Aurelian  'Ypsilanti on steroids' x 'Housekeepers' Revenge' (means lost pollen parent tag) Yellow recurved Aurelian my cross from about 10 years ago
10.Lilium Aurelian  'Ypsilanti' x 'Bill Craigs Yellow Henryi'= Yellow recurved aurelian  my cross from about 10 years ago 
11.Lilium Aurelian  'Betty Sturley' x BB-1 (yellow Aurelian/OT)            'Betty Sturley' is a Charlie Kroell registered Aurelian, BB-1 is a nice yellow OT seedling seen in Brian Bergman's field in 2010, my cross from about 12 years ago         
12.Lilium Aurelian  Large orange seedling with color break form Charlie Kroell in 2007 good for coursing with yellows 
13.Lilium Aurelian  Yellow recurved aurelian seedling            different cross 
14.Lilium Aurelian  Yellow recurved aurelian seedling            different cross 
15.Lilium Aurelian  Yellow recurved aurelian seedling            different cross 
16.LiliumOT            Gloriana (Judith Freeman cross) See Lily Garden Catalogue         
17.Lilium OT            Limoncello (Judith Freeman cross)            See Lily Garden Catalogue             
18.Lilium OT            Peach Pink Trumpets (Judith Freeman cross)        See Lily Garden Catalogue         
19.Lilium OT            RG Sunset Type (White-Magenta- Gold)  Robert Griesbach rescue           
  Jim Heinrich 
20.Gladiolus alatus
Flower Colors: orange, white, yellow
Life form:  corm
Climate: winter rain climate

21.Gladiolus pulcherrimus
Flower Colors: orange
Life form:  corm

22.Gladiolus uysiae
Flower Colors: brown, patterned

23.Gladiolus watermeyeri
Flower Colors: brown, patterned

24.Hesperantha bachmanii                           
25.Gladiolus cunonius
Flower Colors: red

26.Freesia leichtlinii                                        
27.Geissorhiza corrugat
a                                 
28.Gladiolus carinatus
Flower Colors: yellow, purple, blue

29.Melasphaerula ramosa                             
30.Acis autumnalis
Height: 10-20 cm (3.9-7.9 inch)
Flower Colors: white, pink
Flower Season: early autumn
Life form:  bulb

31.Moraea polystachya

32.Lachenalia violacea
var. glauca                         
33.Allium unifolium

34.Gladiolus scullyi                             
35.Gladiolus floribundus

36.Gladiolus maculatus                                  
37.Moraea lewisiae
subsp. lewisiae                                           
38.Ferraria densepunctulata
Flower Colors: white, purple, green, patterned
Life form: deciduous corm

39.Ferraria ferrariola
Flower Colors: white, purple, green, patterned

40.Ferraria crispa
Flower Colors: white, green, yellow, brown, patterned
(form B)                             
41.Ferraria crispa
Flower Colors: white, green, yellow, brown, patterned
42.Ferraria divaricata
Height: 30-45 cm (1-1.5 ft)
Flower Colors: yellow, green

43.Ferraria divaricata subsp. arenosa                                       
44.Ferraria schaeferi
Flower Colors: yellow, brown, patterned
Special: fragrant

45.Ferraria uncinata
Flower Colors: blue, green
Flower Season: early spring

46.Freesia fergusoniae

47.Freesia fucata

48.Freesia refracta

49.Freesia sparrmanii

50.Gladiolus floribundus

Thank you,
Bridget           

Rdevries

Below are some photos of the plants i put in this BX. I redid a lily bed and thinned out the multiples about 2 weeks ago before the cold snap. With the demise of the local regional lily societies. I have no other outlet to share excess.

Sinningia tubiflora one bulb from PDN turned into 1000s in a few years left in the ground.
Sinningia warmingii in ground year round in zone 6b sunny position in raised bed of well drained loam, makes a single huge "bulb" over time.
RG tet OT Sunset from Bob's rescue
Nutcracker 4n on right. Crosses with 3n Asiatic lilies.
The bed i dug and re did. Photo is mostly OTs and ATs before the aurelians bloom.

Several of the yellow aurelians were single bulbs found when mixing the soil so they are unknown and were separated by location. I cited yellow because most lilies were yellow in this bed but they could be whites with orange

Latitude: +36.99028 (36°59'25.008"N)
Insolation: 5.85 to 1.64 kWh/m2/day

Rdevries

Some of the yellow Aurelian's in BX
Latitude: +36.99028 (36°59'25.008"N)
Insolation: 5.85 to 1.64 kWh/m2/day

cshunter

Hi: For those of you who are waiting for the late Arisaema consanguineum seeds, here is a picture of the very attractive leaf, showing the silver centered leaflets. These come upso late that I think those of you in colder climates should be able to grow these out in the garden year-round, without danger of freeze or frost damage. I will send these to Jan in about a week along with the rest of my Arisaema seeds. 

Charles Hunter

cshunter

Picture of the late A. consanguineum.