Romulea from Libya

Started by janemcgary, January 02, 2023, 11:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janemcgary

A query came via the PBS website from a botanist working on a flora of Libya, to identify a Romulea sp. found there. He has now sent me a set of excellent photos, but I can't seem to copy and paste them individually even within my system, so I can't post one here. There is one Romulea reported from Libya, R. cyrenaica. These photos show a member of the R. bulbocodium group, but with very striking dark purple and bright yellow stripes on the reverse of the tepals. If someone can comment, I will forward the whole message to you, with the 6 .jpg attachments.

Arnold

Jane

Send the photos to me and I'll try to post them here.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Arnold

Here are the images of Jane's mystery Romulea.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Carlos

Hi, I told the guy that I would ask. Oron Peri says it seems bulbocodium to him, I have not yet seen bulbocodium but the photos of Spanish plants are different...

Carlos

Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm

Virgile Noble

Quote from: janemcgary on January 02, 2023, 11:30:12 AMA query came via the PBS website from a botanist working on a flora of Libya, to identify a Romulea sp. found there. He has now sent me a set of excellent photos, but I can't seem to copy and paste them individually even within my system, so I can't post one here. There is one Romulea reported from Libya, R. cyrenaica. These photos show a member of the R. bulbocodium group, but with very striking dark purple and bright yellow stripes on the reverse of the tepals. If someone can comment, I will forward the whole message to you, with the 6 .jpg attachments.
Hi,
I found your conversation looking for information on Libyan Romulea.
This Romulea doesn't correspond for me to R. bulbocodium s.s. As i contribute to a research project with objective to study Romulea species in the Mediterranean, I would be interestdd to contact the photograph. Do you think it is possible ?
Thanks

janemcgary

The inquiry was sent to PBS by naser hasy <hasynaser@gmail.com>.

Virgile Noble

Carlos

Hi, Virgile.

I have a few Romulea with field data in case you want material. Variicolor from Malta, clusiana from Gibraltar, assumptionis from Mallorca. I am expecting more clusiana from Galicia.

Carlos

Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm