Have Herbertia journals been digitized yet?

Started by Alan OLeary, February 10, 2023, 08:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan OLeary

My first post here.
I've seen this raised on the Email discussion list, just wondering what the status is?

Arnold

Alan:

Welcome.

Mike and Paul have done some of the digitization and it's on their website here:  http://www.gpbotanicals.com/herbertia/

If your looking for a specific article or topic I have some and could scan and send to you.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Martin Bohnet

I wonder if they openend the binding for those scans - the way my physical copies are built up, one wouldn't get a clean scan by pressing them down on the scanner...
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

David Pilling

There's an open source book scanning hardware project - use a camera, much faster.

I don't know if they do it, but I'd expect software to be able to correct for page curvature, as in work out the curve.

mrhomick

I am still working on the project as I get time. I have scanned 1937, 1940 to 1961. I am currently scanning 1939. I have OCR'd 1937, 1941, 1949, 1950, 1951,1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961. I do disassemble the books to get a better quality scan image. If someone does have a particular issue they need / desire let me know and I will prioritize the work flow of that issue. All the best, Michael 

Uli

Uli
Algarve, Portugal
350m elevation, frost free
Mediterranean Climate

mcd

Hi, I found this thread while google searching for a specific article, and made an account her just to ask: does anyone have access to a copy of the article "The subgenera, sections and subsections of Allium L." by Hamilton Traub, which is apparently pages 147-163 of volume 24/the 1968 edition? I do not see the 1968 edition in the list of digitized ones. 

Thanks!

David Pilling

Quote from: mcd on June 17, 2023, 09:34:32 PMdoes anyone have access to a copy of the article "The subgenera, sections and subsections of Allium L."

Hi Mcd - maybe private message mrhomick - as he suggested above.

Carlos

Hi, I found Mike & Paul's page yesterday while searching for some original descriptiosn of Hippeastrum (as Amarylis). 

I think I already have enough material for a couple of papers on taxonomy and nomenclature, only looking at issues of 1950-1960!!

Many thanks for this huge task, and sorry for the great amount of pages I just asked Michael for...

carlos
Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm