Amendment to APHIS PPQ 587 permit

Started by Robin Hansen, March 31, 2023, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Hansen

If you review the APHIS website you will see references to an amendment form for PPQ 587. However, in all my searches I have not found said permit.

Does anyone know if there is such a form or would it simply be easier to file for a new PPQ permit. (Small Lots of Seed Permit for those unfamiliar with this USDA-APHIS form.

Thanks,
Robin Hansen
President, PBS

Phrbrock

Robin,
    The only way I know of to get to the amendment form is to sign in to your account then click on "my activity" tab. This opens a list of your permits. Find the one you want to amend and click on the "more" button to the right, select "amend" from the drop down then follow instructions. I attached a screenshot of the message that comes up when you select the amend button which gives you and idea of what you can change and what you can't. 

Robin Hansen

Well, your suggestion worked in a convoluted way. Apparently I signed in in the sort of wrong place but ended up where I was supposed to be and discovered I could get labels for any port of entry I wanted...who knew? So i switched to Atlanta on Joyce Fingerut's advice (she's the APHIS liaison with NARGS who has been helping me and I successfully printed new labels for Atlanta. I'm done with SeaTac POE.

I will let Joyce know so she can spread the word.

Many thanks!!!
Robin Hansen
President, PBS

Phrbrock

Sorry, but if I wasn't so dead tired last night I would have noticed that I forgot to add a link to the new APHIS eFFile website. If anyone is interested it's https://efile.aphis.usda.gov/s/ and it should take you directly to the sign in page. All my permits were about to expire when they rolled out the new system so it's been quite the learning experience trying to figure everything out and were everything is located.

Rob

Robin Hansen

Rob, tired is allowed. And I found the site, because when you deal with govt. agencies, you learn to dive into multiple rabbit holes; otherwise you don't get what you need!

Robin
Robin Hansen
President, PBS

MarcR

Robin,

The 587 Permit is the permit to import live plants or bulbs. Each genus of plant that you think you might import must be listed. The amendment is to add additional genera.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F  -9.4C.  Rainfall 50"+  but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight.  soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus.  Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix.

Robin Hansen

Marc,

It's also used for other needed changes such as changing Ports of Entry as I did, successfully.
Robin Hansen
President, PBS