Albuca clanwilliamigloria

Started by Uli, May 03, 2023, 02:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uli

Hi all,

I have the faintest memory of a previous thread about Albuca clanwilliamae-gloria being self infertile. So imagine my surprise when I looked up in the greenhouse today saw my lone flowering individual had set fruit! We?ll see if the seed are good later this year, but I just had to share. Very exciting!

Best,
Cody Coyotee
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA

Hello Cody,

This is very interesting! In general the seed set in Albuca is good if there is seed at all.
The only thing I wonder about is: are you sure that your plant is the real clanwilliamigloria? I am asking because there is a different species circulating under the wrong name of Albuca clanwilliamigloria. I have sown seed of the false one and even at the seedling stage they look different but they have not flowered yet.
The other question would be if there were other Albuca in flower at the same time so your seed could be of hybrid origin.

I hope that you don't mind that I put this thread on the forum where you can post pictures.

Bye for now 

Uli 
Uli
Algarve, Portugal
350m elevation, frost free
Mediterranean Climate

Carlos

Hi, the false one (from Château Pérouse) is going to flower for me in its second year, I will show it.

Carlos
Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm