Posting a new topic problem

Started by Carlfrederick, January 03, 2022, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlfrederick

When posting a new message to a particular category how does the To: field work?   Why does something need to be entered there?

Martin Bohnet

Quote from: Carlfrederick on January 03, 2022, 11:31:59 PMWhen posting a new message to a particular category how does the To: field work?   Why does something need to be entered there?

I guess you've mixed up two functions here: The only "to:" field I can think of is if you use the "My Messages" button near the top and then the "new" link in there. those are personal messages, like some kind of forum-internal emails.

If you want to start a new topic, go to the category you want to post in and click "new topic" - that's on the right, above the topic list.

Later, I will cut your question out of this image topic and move it to feedback - I won't do it right now because you will expect the answer here. In the mean time I'll try to find out if we can improve the wording of the "my messages" button - "My private messages" would be less confusing i'd guess.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

David Pilling

As I see it, there is "New Topic" to start a new thread, and there is Reply. Instant reply down the bottom, or click on Reply at the bottom of a message.