January photos

Started by Arnold, January 07, 2022, 06:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Here's Cyclamen coum from a   town in Turkey near the Syrian border.

Note the serrations/dentations  along the edge of the petals

Do we have a spell check on this forum.  The SRGC one never seemed to work for me.
Arnold T.
North East USA

David Pilling

Quote from: Arnold on January 11, 2022, 06:44:45 PMDo we have a spell check on this forum. 

Seemingly we do not. I am not fussed my browser does spell check.

We can add a list of censored words "Brexit", "Roundup", "Covid"

If there is any great feeling we can add spell check.

Arnold

David:

Not a driving desire for me.
Arnold T.
North East USA

Diane Whitehead

I turned off spell check in my computer.  It was such a nuisance having to correct words I had spelled correctly which had then been changed by the computer.  These were mostly words to do with plants - whatever dictionary spell check had been loaded with did not include many flowers.
Diane Whitehead        Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

gastil

I second the motion that we NOT load spell check, not unless we can attach a plant taxonomy glossary. 
Tired of spell check changing correctly spelled species into nonsense. 
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

Martin Bohnet

Crocus antalyensioides could start any time if only the sun came out...

I Think about removing the "quick reply" function, as it hides the upload dialog. I'd find it confusing when starting out in the forum.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

David Pilling

Yes, Martin, good idea. If we can remove the quick reply - should only be one way of doing things.

David Pilling

Quick Google, they have recently (2.1 RC2) removed the option to remove quick reply - but you can do it by hacking the code - bit like log in forever.

We're going to end up with customised code - oh no, breaking the prime directive, let slip the leashes on the programmers.

Like in the future, it will have been illegal to ever change software, because it has reached the point where fixing anything breaks something else.

Arnold

Asphodelus acaulis From Morocco and Algeria
Arnold T.
North East USA

David Pilling

Arnold, very nice, not something I am familiar with. I am surprised it is out in January.

Arnold

David

It's safely tucked a way in the cold greenhouse.

We are having a massive cold spell.  Temps this coming week are predicted to drop to 5 F.
Arnold T.
North East USA

David Pilling

Been mild here. I may yet be disappointed by a cold snap. Bulbs are coming through - due to the warmth. Snowdrops are just starting, got a few of them in bloom.

All the BBC wants to tell us about the USA today is that a monkey escaped on the "motorway".