BX link broken. Extra * at end.

Started by gastil, November 03, 2023, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gastil

Hi Forum team,

I clicked on the link to pay for my BX treasures which just arrived. The link is
https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?page=BXpay*
and that gives this error:
"An error has occurred
This article is not available. You may not have permission to see the article, it isn't active, hasn't been approved yet, or simply does not exist."

When I remove the * the link is fine. My guess is some markup messed up the link text. 

Thank you,
Gastil
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

David Pilling

Gastil - where is that link, on paper, in an email or on a web page.

I wonder if we can save the situation by making it redirect to the real page.

gastil

The link broken by the * at the end is Bridget's BX post on this page:
https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbsforum/index.php?topic=722.0
Last edited Oct 25, at least as of now. 
If you can edit it to remove the * at the end of the link, that will fix it.

I'm not seeing how to link to a particular post within a topic. Scroll down to the one titled "US BX 493 CLOSED" then scroll down to the post before that (which displays below that on my view but I've noticed the above/below is not the same for everyone.) 

Or just search for the text within page of "Orders should be paid upon receipt through the PBS website at:"
The broken link is right below that. 

An easy fix. I'm just too lazy to figure out how to edit someone else's post. 
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

David Pilling

Gastil - thanks, I have fixed it. Down the bottom of posts there are options Quick Edit, More->Modify.

Your link took me right there. But right click on message times (here) lets you go to individual messages.

Martin Bohnet

Quote from: David Pilling on November 03, 2023, 08:37:48 PMDown the bottom of posts there are options Quick Edit, More->Modify.

Which, on other peoples posts, of course only can be done by Administrators and Moderators - and will be noted above the post. Just to make sure noone  is afraid their posts have been altered in secret.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)