Clinanthus "bicolor"

Started by Carlos, January 23, 2024, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

Permission "to be" there? Do you mean on British land? I have my passport.

Yes, I know all the legal procedure to import seeds.

It's not that I just want a generic Prospero autumnale, I collected several just two weeks ago.

I need indigenous stock from the British isles to compare with other plants around the Mediterranean. I know that many Iberian plants are in cultivation in UK. 
Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm

David Pilling

Carlos, you may like this web page:

https://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/Flowers/S/Squill(Autumn)/Squill(Autumn).htm

There really is a "right to roam" in England - terms and conditions apply.

UK law has not diverged much from EU law - and we should leave it at that.

CG100

Where did my post in answer to Carlos go?

There is no right to roam in England (it is different in Scotland). As for Channel Islands and the like.................

David Pilling

Quote from: CG100 on January 27, 2024, 09:22:43 AMWhere did my post in answer to Carlos go?

Hmm which post in reply to Carlos? The one with you saying "You still need permission to be there, but you can collect seeds" is there. But there is not one post Carlos saying "I have my passport.".

Right to roam... " 8% of England is covered by the "right to roam"," seemingly I am not alone in thinking one can walk through a field of corn.

Carlos

I don't understand the right to roam. I used to listen to Metallica's 'Wherever I may roam', maybe it's related...  In Spain you can cross a field of corn or wheat or a vineyard or a forest if it is not fenced, only you are expected not to spoil the plants or disturb wildlife.
I understand EU's regulations. I have contacts who have contacts in Cornwall and Guernsey, they can ask for permission to landowners. Then importing the seeds is my problem.

Anyway, thanks for the link, David. Prospero is far more diverse than I expected. And I can see clear differences in several of the 'races' or 'citotypes'. But I'm just starting.

Let's go back to Clinanthus.

Peru has some laws and one of them roughly says that permits can be issued for scientific purposes. I will start working from that point.

I have emailed Dr. Meerow to know his feelings.

Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm