Telos rare bulbs purchases

Started by Selvam, February 18, 2024, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selvam

Hello folks, I'm a noob to geophytes, my interest in bulbs started when I started gardening with California natives. When browsing for bulbs online, Telos rare bulbs come in to picture, however there aren't much in stock. Has anyone had success purchasing bulbs there? When do they have bulbs in stock?.

Thanks. 

Robert_Parks

Quote from: Selvam on February 18, 2024, 08:35:21 AMHello folks, I'm a noob to geophytes, my interest in bulbs started when I started gardening with California natives. When browsing for bulbs online, Telos rare bulbs come in to picture, however there aren't much in stock. Has anyone had success purchasing bulbs there? When do they have bulbs in stock?.
Mediterranean climate bulbs are in full growth now, so the nurseries don't even know what the stock will be when they go dormant (actually like the commercial bulb industry[1]), orders usually made in the spring for summer/fall delivery. The only exception are (mostly Amaryllids) bulbs with perennial roots that are shipped year 'round.

Just check back regularly for changes in stock.

And, once your desired bulbs can be ordered, you'll be happy with the eventual result. Stuff you can't get anywhere else without the gamble of eBay or the PBS bulb exchange!

Robert
in rainy soggy San Francisco

Lee Poulsen

Yes, Diana (Telos Bulbs owner) told me that when things are in growth, they are listed as out of stock on the website. So winter growers are all out of stock right now (except for some of the Amaryllis family bulbs as Robert mentioned). They're dormant in the (northern) summer, so that's when you can order them. Summer growers are dormant now, so whatever Telos still has stock of can be ordered now. Although it's better to check earlier during each dormant season before that season's stock sells out.

And her bulbs are top notch. Plus she has this uncanny ability to sell stock of things that often are found nowhere else.
Pasadena, California, USA - USDA Zone 10a
Latitude 34°N, Altitude 1150 ft/350 m

Bulbous

Telos is a great place to order from. All of their stock is top notch.  I have a beautiful if crowded bulb garden derived  almost entirely from their catalog.  I highly recommend browsing their online catalog and splurging!

With all of the rain we have had this year and a couple inches more predicted this weekend the Brunsvigias and Boophones have really grown.  

Jim Foster
Santa Barbara

Carlos

Hi.

What I can tell is that I was about to place an order of over $300 a month ago and she never confirmed.

Speaking of Hippeastrum, I've been told that some of the bulbs she offers as botanical species turn out to be hybrids. 

Regarding the rest, people seem to be very happy.

Carlos
Carlos Jiménez
Valencia, Spain, zone 10
Dry Thermomediterranean, 450 mm