[solved: Trimezia]Cabo Mx Moraea looking bulb ID ?

Started by Too Many Plants!, March 07, 2024, 09:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Many Plants!

Saw this at the Zoetry in Cabo Mx this past weekend...any thoughts, solid ID's, or guesses?

IMG_3011.jpg IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

David Pilling

Lee Poulsen

You're probably not still down there, but there is a native bulb, Behria tenuiflora
, that grows all over the place around the Cabo area from sea level up into the mountains. They probably don't plant them at the resorts, but I've heard from several people who've driven around there that they're not rare and have often found seeds of it on plants by the sides of the highways. Here's a map of some places where it has been found.
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 16.33.47.jpg
Pasadena, California, USA - USDA Zone 10a
Latitude 34°N, Altitude 1150 ft/350 m

Martin Bohnet

Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Too Many Plants!

Quote from: Lee Poulsen on March 07, 2024, 05:18:03 PMYou're probably not still down there, but there is a native bulb, Behria tenuiflora
, that grows all over the place around the Cabo area from sea level up into the mountains. They probably don't plant them at the resorts, but I've heard from several people who've driven around there that they're not rare and have often found seeds of it on plants by the sides of the highways. Here's a map of some places where it has been found.
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 16.33.47.jpg

Bummer I didn't post this sooner! I might have had a chance to look for these near our resort as we weren't far from the road, and also had wild-ish native plant areas near the resort.