Tuberous Impatiens

Started by MLoos, March 21, 2024, 05:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLoos

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase or trade for tuberous and/or perennial Impatiens species.  Seeds would be Ok too.  

A few I'd like to find, but there are others:
Impatiens cinnabarina 
I. flanaganae
I. gomphophylla
I. mirabilis (I know, good luck with that.)
I. tinctoria
I. rothii

To trade, I have Strumaria of various species and ages (some blooming size salterii, to 3 yr seedlings), Haemanthus a few species, Eucrosia mirabilis (3 yr seedlings), various Clivia offsets (yellow, Belgian, maybe a gardenii), more bulbs... , snowdrops (good lord, yes, snowdrop cultivars), and other non-geophytic green stuff. 

Thank you!
Michael
Interlaken, NY  Zone... right now? Winter.

Uli

Hello Michael,
The best person in the US I can think of is Derek Pitman in California, I have met him personally. He figured under Mr. Impatiens and had a magnificent website and picture gallery. But it is very many years ago and I lost touch. an internet search always ends with "website suspended" I do not know more, sorry.
Uli
Algarve, Portugal
350m elevation, frost free
Mediterranean Climate

Robert_Parks

Quote from: MLoos on March 21, 2024, 05:15:28 AMHello All,

I'm looking to purchase or trade for tuberous and/or perennial Impatiens species.  Seeds would be Ok too. 
I. tinctoria is available from time to time in the trade (Annies Annuals for one).

I was distributing some I. insignis last fall, but got busy, and they are still sitting around dug up...should get that going again.

I. flanaganae is sprouting now, probably could still be shipped. Also available intermittently on eBay.

Robert
still filling the planters for Andean tubers, except it is starting to rain...the aroids are getting impatient.