Bulb EX Harvest Timing

Started by petershaw, March 27, 2024, 06:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petershaw

I am newish here, so I am trying to wrap my head around the timing of the bulb exchanges and my "bulbs".

Can I assume this current one is for summer growers and the bulbs have been harvested and stored all winter?

Most of my collection are seed grown and I am trying to keep them growing for now to increase the bulb size. When they go dormant later this spring and early summer I will divide them, make a few selections and hope to share the rest.

When I divide my winter growers, should I paper bag them and store them in a cool location for some other exchange date?

I think my question is answered in my post but I am mentally and physically preparing for the huge job of dividing my seed pots.

Peter

Robert_Parks

Pretty much...which can get frustrating in our climate, where many summer growers are already in growth, but it does mean that shipping is safer across the country.

I didn't do a personal winter distribution because I never got a break when I had time.

Robert
still with no time between the summer and winter gardens.

petershaw

I can relate to the lack of time between seasons. 
We spent 25 years in Eastern Washington with real distinct seasons, now in Santa Cruz, nope, I have an apple that still has last years foliage.