Chaotic climbing snapdragons

Started by Martin Bohnet, March 26, 2022, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Bohnet

Hi all,

in the recent EX04, Peter Dinges offered perennial rooted Lophospermum erubescens album and Maurandya wislizeni 'Red Dragon'. He also provided me with some info and pictures to add to the wiki. Both are Plantaginaceae, tribe Antirrhineae, but that's the end of everything clear: Maurandya wizlizeni is now described as monotypic Epixiphium w, and both images on the net as well as Peter's description as perennial does not fit this. Instead Maurandya (no epithet) 'Red Dragon' is synonymed Lophospermum erubescens 'Fire Dragon' by the RHS - but then again the plants look sufficiently different from the alba form as Peter showed.

??? I'm confused - could anyone clear this up before I add anything to the wiki?
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

David Pilling

Can we post a link to this to the list  :)

Martin Bohnet

Well, actually I like to believe the list will find its way here. feeling a bit lonely with that opinion, though :'(

David Pilling

I was wondering what the effect of posting a link here would be. Might get some people interested. Dunno. Are we waiting for Robin to do the big reveal.

Martin Bohnet

Even a single link will have the spiders crawling in, as I don't see a robots.txt in the forum base directory (and the one above only slows down yandex, who ever that may be. ) I don't say that was a bad thing.

By the way, if you want to mention Robin, mention @Robin Hansen so she will be notified ;-)

I have a feeling after things settle I'll have to split this topic....

Robin Hansen

Robin got the link and yes, I've had no time to get further with the "big reveal". Shame on me. Spring is here and it's time to do the quarterly, articles all ready, just need lay out. I will pull myself together tonight and continue with the forum. Life keeps interfering...
Robin Hansen
President, PBS

David Pilling

I meant the effect on list members/forum interest from posting a link here. I'd be surprised if Google is not indexing this. It gets in all over.
Yandex - Russian Google, the thing which downloaded every thing from the wiki in a single day and broke the old server in 2019. Dim memory of attempting to slow it down after that (?).