Experience with Jelitto Seeds for US members

Started by Robin Hansen, April 21, 2022, 09:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Hansen

Does anyone have any experience with Jelitto Seeds  when ordering from the US? My two very old experiences were interesting which is why I haven't ordered again in years. I'm hoping things have improved... 

Robin Hansen
Robin Hansen
President, PBS

Martin Bohnet

Within Germany, Jelitto works fine (they are a German company) - could you explain what's the problem with the US?

PS: I moved this to general Plants&Gardening
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Steve Willson

I ordered seeds from them last year and they arrived perfectly fine.  I recall the seeds were mailed to me from the US affiliate. 

MarcR

Quote from: Robin Hansen on April 21, 2022, 09:06:30 AMDoes anyone have any experience with Jelitto Seeds  when ordering from the US? My two very old experiences were interesting which is why I haven't ordered again in years. I'm hoping things have improved... 

Robin Hansen
Robin,

I have placed 3 orders since early December.  Jelleto shipps to US addresses from their US office in Frankfort, KY so no import hassles. Packets are generous and give good to excellent germination.
Marc
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F  -9.4C.  Rainfall 50"+  but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight.  soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus.  Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix.