Importing Hippeastrum to Mexico advice

Darren Sage
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:38:00 PDT
Thank you.

So once you have all the paperwork, will the authorities contact you on 
arrival of the package?  Do you then go to the port and show the necesary 
paperwork for collection?

Kind regards


>From: "J.E. Shields" <>
>Reply-To: Pacific Bulb Society <>
>To: Pacific Bulb Society <>
>Subject: Re: [pbs] Importing Hippeastrum to Mexico advice
>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:43:04 -0500
>It is entirely your responsibility to contact the Mexican authorities to
>determine what paperwork is required for you to import plants or bulbs into
>Mexico, and to procure such permits as may be required.  You will have to
>supply copies of any needed plant import permits to your overseas suppliers
>ahead of each shipment you order.
>Your overseas suppliers will provide a Phytosanitary Certificate and a
>customs declaration with each shipment they send to you.  The rest is up to
>The ball is completely in your court.
>Jim Shields, pres.
>Shields Gardens Ltd.
>Importer and Exporter of Clivia, Rare Bulbs, and Fine Daylilies
>At 02:09 PM 8/20/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >........
> >I am new to this and would appreciate any advice on the required 
> >to help prevent customs taking my bulbs.  Is it normal for the sender 
> >myself to get the necessary paper work?
> >
> >Darren
>Jim Shields             USDA Zone 5             Shields Gardens, Ltd.
>P.O. Box 92              WWW:
>Westfield, Indiana 46074, USA
>Tel. ++1-317-867-3344     or      toll-free 1-866-449-3344 in USA
>pbs mailing list

More information about the pbs mailing list