Importing bulbs form Thailand.

J.E. Shields
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:40:45 PDT

The short answer is "Yes" -- that iindeed makes you an importer.  You have 
to get a USDA plant import permit, which is free of charge.  Go to the USDA 
web site, then to APHIS.

It will take 2 or 3 weeks for USDA to get your import permit back to you 
after you send them the application.

Jim Shields

At 01:55 AM 10/12/2006 -0400, you wrote:

>----- Original Message -----
>From: "rdjenkins" <>
>To: "Pacific Bulb Society" <>
>Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:29 PM
>Subject: [pbs] Importing bulbs form Thailand.
> > I want to purchase bulbs from eBay seller "postthailand" and am trying 
> to find out what kind of paperwork I will need to receive >Crinum and 
> Hippeastrum in the US.
>The Ebay page says I must send my import permit papers to the seller.
>I'm just buying a couple bulbs to grow at home. Does that make me an 

Jim Shields             USDA Zone 5             Shields Gardens, Ltd.
P.O. Box 92              WWW:
Westfield, Indiana 46074, USA
Tel. ++1-317-867-3344     or      toll-free 1-866-449-3344 in USA

More information about the pbs mailing list