As often happens this time of year (at least I hope such behavior is not limited to me!), I seem to have gone a little overboard on the seed orders. In particular, I'm worried about the Lilium bolanderi seed, which would not complete its warm stratification-cold stratification regime until June at the earliest. Am I correct in assuming that it is better to wait until late July-August to sow outside, as suggested by Edward McRae? Furthermore, I'm ashamed to say, I somehow failed to absorb the winter snow cover component of L. bolanderi's lifestyle. What does one do about this in mild-winter climates (last week notwithstanding) like Oakland, beyond, I imagine, keeping them dry? I will probably be growing these in troughs of some kind for drainage. Max Withers Oakland (z9b/17) Where all the geophytes (and an unknown Clivia hybrid) appear to have weathered 4 nights below freezing (low of 28 on two nights), but I fear for a young Deppea splendens.