Jim...Mark...Lee, it pleased me very much to read your contributions in the PBS 06-25 forum regarding "bulb requirements"...because you were 3 of the members who responded to my Rhodophiala seed offer (they went out yesterday hand-stamped/hand-sorted USPS). Some of what motivated me to distribute these seeds to other PBS members who might not otherwise try growing these South American, Andean varieties of Rhodophiala...or purhaps had previously but wanted to refine their process...was to hopefully hear back at some point regarding their success:///failure/ rate...and find out what they did in these 3 areas you were discussing; heat, soil, moisture. I always suppose that people will do (more or less) what's in their previous experience...and in this case, they'll approach cultivating these Rhodophiala seeds they way they do with the bulb of their particular interest...even if it's not what's recommended. The bulb of my particular interest is Hippeastrum, and so I used the basic planting techniques I've used for Hipps with these Rhodophiala, but then modified those 3 areas (heat, soil, moisture) based either on what was recommended or what I deduced based on their native habitat. I'm a the-proof-is-in-the-pudding kinda guy...and believe whole-heartedly in test stripping...('Prove it and show me.')...and experimentation...and *not*necessarily doing what's recommended if by deduction it doesn't seem to make sense. For instance, it's been recommended to pre-soak, stratify & then transplant these Rhodophiala seedingly, which in my mostly ignorant & completely inexperience opinion seems like a lot of unnecessary fussing. I always soak & grow my Hipps seeds in the same plastic containers & soil where they'll grow for the first year or 2...since they don't like to be disturbed...and I've had a 90% to 95% success rate doing that...so that's my approach with these Rhodophiala seeds. Some of the experimentation & test-stripping I'm doing has to do with acidity levels in the soil. *Rh.rhodolirion & Rh.andicola* were said to prefer neutral to acidic soil...so I followed the lead of my begonias that thrive under the redwood tree in my front yard...and took completely dry redwood needles, pureed them in the food processor, strained 'em & thoroughly mixed about 1/2 tsp. of redwood puree into an 11 fl.oz. plastic container of sand & peat/potting soil medium. I've test-stripped 10 seeds each in the medium with & without the redwood pesto...and I'll be very amused (given *that* kinda of potentially unneccessary fussing) to see if it makes any difference at all. I'll keep you posted. Keep me posted with your efforts as well. Merde, -d.