Terminology Test

Jane McGary janemcgary@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 May 2009 16:47:44 PDT
>Erick wrote,

>There is a word to scientifically describe bulbs that bloom after 
>the foliage has died down and before it re-emerges, such as is the 
>case with so many fall blooming South African amaryllids. Anyone know it?

There is a term "synanthous" used to describe foliage that appears at 
the same time as the flowering scape. Is there a term "heteranthous" 
meaning the opposite?

Jane McGary

More information about the pbs mailing list