Pamela Slate
Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:16:20 PST
Dear John,
Every year we use thermal blanklets here that we refer to as frost cloth.  The material comes in various sizes and weights, obviously with varying degrees of protection... from various threats..  Google "Agribon row covers" and "Dewitt's Thermal Blanket' - the latter has a product called Nsulate we use widely here on a routine basis.  You can obtain samples by mail.  Plastic is not recommended and I wouldn't use it but others of you may have comments on this and am not at all familiar with Reflectix.  The row covers I mention offer varying degrees of frost protection and light and water penetration...reusable year after year.  Have you tried any of them?  
Feel free to email me privately with questions.
All the best and good luck,

Pamela Slate
P.O. Box 5316
Carefree  AZ  85377

From: John T Lonsdale <>
To: 'Pacific Bulb Society' <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [pbs] Glochids

Hi Phil,

Can you say more about the thermal blanket please?



John T Lonsdale PhD
407 Edgewood Drive,
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341, USA

Home: 610 594 9232
Cell: 484 678 9856
Fax: 315 571 9232

Visit "Edgewood" - The Lonsdale Garden at

USDA Zone 6b

More information about the pbs mailing list