Microchips in lieu of labels

penstemon penstemon@Q.com
Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:45:21 PDT
We have so much discussion on various forums over what is sand or grit or gravel; but rock mulch! How large is that and what shape? or is it just another name for some of the 3 above.

Pea gravel. What I believe is called shingle in the U.K. Years of applying the “annual approved topdressing” (I read a lot of Graham Stuart Thomas), the raised beds have become mostly gravel, with some clay. 
Here, we mulch with shingle, but only after a hailstorm. 

Bob Nold
Denver, Colorado, USA
pbs mailing list

More information about the pbs mailing list