Bulb import permits

Makiko Goto-Widerman makikogotowiderman@me.com
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 17:11:48 PST
Small Lot Seed Import Permit

The permit to Import Plants and Plant Products for small lot  (Certificate from the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service in MD)
and yellow & green stickers are needed to receive seeds from non-profit garden society in England.   Actually my permit, a certificate was still valid, but Green & Yellow stickers were missing. 
I contacted the USDA MD office by e-mail and a phone, but nothing came back.  Then, Erick who
works for USDA, LA office helped me to faster the process.  The USDA had a conference in LA, and Erick had a chance to see the MD Office Manager.  MD Office Manager e-mailed me the stickers
rather than mailing them to save time.  

Makiko, Southern California

On Mar 7, 2016, at 4:57 PM, penstemon <penstemon@Q.com> wrote:

>> Can someone who imports from Europe tell us which permits are required, and 
> perhaps reflect on how difficult it is to get them (probably VERY 
> difficult, judging from the complexity of just getting the Small Lots of 
> Seed permit)?
> All you need is the phytosanitary certificate, which the exporter provides. Cost is usually around $10 US.
> Bob Nold
> Denver, Colorado, USA
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/

More information about the pbs mailing list