Bulb import permits

penstemon penstemon@Q.com
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 19:49:13 PST
>The shipper will have to acquire a phytosanitary certificate for a shipment
of plants (bulbs, tubers rooted plants, cutting etc). Permits, mailing
label etc. apply similar as for small seed lots.
Permits and mailing labels are not required for dormant bulbs free of soil. Only a phytosanitary certificate is required. 

>IF you are interested in acquiring CITIES plants you will require a second
permit which is a “Protected Plant Permit”. This permit has a fee
associated with it of $70.

A CITES permit to import is required for plants listed under CITES Appendix I. But not for CITES Appendix II. 
CITES export permits are required in both cases. These are provided by the exporter. 

Bob Nold
Denver, Colorado, USA
pbs mailing list

More information about the pbs mailing list