Klister hippeastrums

Arnold Chaney via pbs pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:36:36 PDT
I may be wrong, but when I read the post that you are talking about, I think they use the word "Klister " to refer to the cluster of bulbs around the Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) they are showing; Not that there is a family of Amaryllis called "Klister Amaryllis"

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 7:01 AM, Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com> wrote:
> Is anyone growing 'Klister' hippeastrums?  I guess these aren't anything
> new, but they're new to me.  Apparently it's the dutch word for cluster,
> referring to the way the bulbs form multiple offsets quickly, which can
> bloom when small (the size of a quarter).
> Some bulb pics are here:
> http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/1720041/…
> They almost look like weeds!
> I searched my email before posting this message and I got no results for
> the word 'Klister'.  So I *think* the topic hasn't been discussed here yet.
> Dennis in Cincinnati
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/

More information about the pbs mailing list