off topic, bloom / flower / back yard

Sat, 08 Feb 2014 11:37:30 PST
But, please, what is the U.S.A. English term for the British back yard?

I think I would call it a "British back yard". It would then require an 
explanation. "You mean they have a separate area for washing pots?" Here, 
cars are worked on in the garage, or the driveway, or sometimes even the 
Without an explanation, it might be confused with "English garden", which is 
used here to define a style (however imaginary) of gardening.

Bob Nold

Denver, Colorado, USA 

More information about the pbs mailing list