Importing Hippeastrum to Mexico advice

J.E. Shields
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:43:04 PDT

It is entirely your responsibility to contact the Mexican authorities to 
determine what paperwork is required for you to import plants or bulbs into 
Mexico, and to procure such permits as may be required.  You will have to 
supply copies of any needed plant import permits to your overseas suppliers 
ahead of each shipment you order.

Your overseas suppliers will provide a Phytosanitary Certificate and a 
customs declaration with each shipment they send to you.  The rest is up to 

The ball is completely in your court.

Jim Shields, pres.
Shields Gardens Ltd.
Importer and Exporter of Clivia, Rare Bulbs, and Fine Daylilies

At 02:09 PM 8/20/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>I am new to this and would appreciate any advice on the required documents
>to help prevent customs taking my bulbs.  Is it normal for the sender and/or
>myself to get the necessary paper work?

Jim Shields             USDA Zone 5             Shields Gardens, Ltd.
P.O. Box 92              WWW:
Westfield, Indiana 46074, USA
Tel. ++1-317-867-3344     or      toll-free 1-866-449-3344 in USA

More information about the pbs mailing list