(no subject)

J.E. Shields jshields@indy.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:16:32 PST
Hi Verena,

There are no limitations on carrying legal plants (i.e., no drugs, etc.) 
out of the USA.

However, you must check with German authorities on what they require for 
you to bring plants or bulbs into Germany.

They will probably insist that your plants and bulbs be accompanied by an 
official Phytosanitary Certificate, issued by the country of origin of the 
plants you are going to import into Germany.  In this case, that would be 
the USA and the issuing agency would be the local agents of the USDA, at 
the place where you obtain the bulbs.

This could get to be a little complicated, depending on where you obtain 
the bulbs in the course of your travels.

Good luck!

Jim Shields
in central Indiana (USA)

At 02:35 PM 2/20/2007 +0100, you wrote:

>There is an ongoing discussion about importing bulbs and seeds into the
>US but does anyone have information about taking them OUT of the US?
>I´m probably boing to visit Texas this spring and would like to
>buy North American Plants there. It would not be nice if I was
>arredsted when trying to fly back home with them.
>Thank you in advance
>Konstanz, Germany

Jim Shields             USDA Zone 5             Shields Gardens, Ltd.
P.O. Box 92              WWW:    http://www.shieldsgardens.com/
Westfield, Indiana 46074, USA
Tel. ++1-317-867-3344     or      toll-free 1-866-449-3344 in USA

More information about the pbs mailing list