mesh for bottoms of pots

Kathleen Sayce
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:00:27 PDT
Dave Brastow gave me this tip on kinds of mesh. I had used fiberglass mesh for years, and one day got a pot from Dave that had a heavy plastic mesh on the bottom. Dave told me that this is the same mesh that is used for rug hooking. He suggested a craft supply store for a source, and I found that yes, it is widely available at these stores. Being plastic, it's not as prickly on the edges as fiberglass or wire meshes are, and holds up well for years as it's out of sunlight. 


Kathleen Sayce
PNW Coast, WHZ 8, dryish cool summers & mild wet winters

More information about the pbs mailing list