A question about names

David Ehrlich idavide@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 03 Sep 2012 14:56:06 PDT
I have been using the word bulbil to refer to the above ground 
bulb-like/corm-like propagules which develop in the leaf axils of mature 
plants.  I use bulblet and cormel to refer to the subterranean offsets produced 
by bulbs and corms respectively.  I don't know whether this is correct usage, or 
even whether it matters a great deal.  What do other members of the group think?

Thank you, 
David E.

More information about the pbs mailing list