Sand for potting mixes

Peter Taggart
Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:42:28 PST
The product which I know as "sillica sand" in the  UK, is a very fine sand
which is very fast draining. Soft sand / builders sand is quite different
and used for mixing mortar,  it is unsuitable for horticultural use. The
sand for potting mixes or for plunge beds,  (apart from the expensive
"silica sand"), is known variously as coarse/ gritty/ concrete sand.
Peter (UK)

More information about the pbs mailing list