Bulb import permits

penstemon penstemon@Q.com
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 18:03:42 PST

>You need a phyto from the shipper and the import permit.  If it's being shipped via mail, you are supposed to use the green/yellows labels that directs the package to an inspection station.   If using DHL or the like they do there own customs clearance , but you still need your phyto and permit. 

A phytosanitary certificate, which is provided by the exporter, is all that is required. This is typically attached to the box of imported bulbs, in a plastic wrapper, so that customs can inspect it.
If you are importing CITES Appendix II bulbs, like snowdrops, then you will have to pay for the CITES certificate as well, which the exporter provides. 
Bob Nold
Denver, Colorado, USA

More information about the pbs mailing list