importing bulbs

Jan Jeddeloh via pbs
Tue, 10 May 2022 20:59:37 PDT
Your information is out of date.  For an individual US resident to import seed they need a Small Lots of Seed Permit.  It’s free but you have to apply.  You’re limited to 50 seeds per taxa imported.  I don’t think anyone counts the seed but the inspectors can sure tell a handful of seed is more than 50.  I don’t know of any way for you to sell Israeli wildflower seeds in the US without getting an import permit and a phytosanitary permit.  I think you’d also need someone at this end to receive the seed and act as a distributor.  Although I’m sure with Etsy and Ebay all kinds of seed slides in illegally.  But to import legally you’d need a phyto and permit.

Jan Jeddeloh

> On May 10, 2022, at 8:51 PM, Shmuel Silinsky via pbs <> wrote:
> By the way, my info is a few years old, but importing seed in small
> quantities to the US did not need any permit. They had the option of
> checking. I was exploring the possibility of selling Israeli wildflower
> seeds and this is what I was told.
> Shmuel Silinsky
> Jerusalem Israel
> Zone 9
> On Mon, May 2, 2022, 4:41 PM Tim Eck via pbs <
>> wrote:
>> I apologise in advance that I remain confused about the bottom line, but:
>> Would I require an import permit to import bulbs from a commercial Dutch
>> grower?
>> Thanks for your answer and patience.
>> Tim
>> _______________________________________________
>> pbs mailing list
>> Unsubscribe: <>
>> PBS Forum latest:
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> Unsubscribe: <>
> PBS Forum https://…

pbs mailing list…
Unsubscribe: <>
PBS Forum https://…

More information about the pbs mailing list