Bulb import permits

Tim Chapman tim@gingerwoodnursery.com
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 18:35:45 PST
Where are you getting this info?  Unless the rules have lessened, which seems impossible only 12 plants or less can be imported without import permit.   I see no exclusion for European countries regarding this rule.  

Yes packages with phytos in the box or in plastic may make it through undetected but to be legal they are supposed to be routed to an inspection station.   If seeds from Europe require either a small lots permit (with inspection ) or a general permit with phyto and inspection I don't see how plants and bulbs would require less. 

Tim Chapman

> On Mar 7, 2016, at 8:03 PM, penstemon <penstemon@Q.com> wrote:
>> You need a phyto from the shipper and the import permit.  If it's being shipped via mail, you are supposed to use the green/yellows labels that directs the package to an inspection station.   If using DHL or the like they do there own customs clearance , but you still need your phyto and permit.
> A phytosanitary certificate, which is provided by the exporter, is all that is required. This is typically attached to the box of imported bulbs, in a plastic wrapper, so that customs can inspect it.
> If you are importing CITES Appendix II bulbs, like snowdrops, then you will have to pay for the CITES certificate as well, which the exporter provides. 
> Bob Nold
> Denver, Colorado, USA
> _______________________________________________
> pbs mailing list
> pbs@lists.ibiblio.org
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/list.php
> http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/

More information about the pbs mailing list