September phtos

Started by Arnold, September 13, 2021, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gastil

I just realized today that those thumbnail images (or any images on this board) only appear when I am logged in. I did not notice before because it usually keeps me logged in. But today I viewed before logging in.

We have a zoom tomorrow morning about the forum and I do not feel like I have made any progress on this since the last forum because I have not put in the effort. So thanks you guys. I will read what you posted.

Now I will attach an image just for the experience... It is just a screen grab of Goodenia coerulea.
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.13.57 AM.png

OK learned stuff. If I paste in the attach markup then both the thumb and the full size appear in the post. I assume most of our users will not know what pasting in the attach markup is/does, so won't.
I neglect my garden on the central coast of California

David Pilling

Nice blues. I suspect we can control when photos appear - guests or not. Some sites are strict about not letting non-logged-in i.e. guests view content. Maybe bandwidth is an issue.

I have never looked at what may be going on with the wiki.

Yes, removing thumbs for inline images is an issue, feel there is a recent comment on it.

Arnold

Martin

A tortoise cat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell_cat

I have one that lives outside.

Arnold
Arnold T.
North East USA

Martin Bohnet

Arnold, Arnold, I told you to concentrate on the Ennealophus  :P 

Hoshi lives wherever she wants, got her own key to the house - the cat flap is coded to her registration chip, just like the one of her pitch black brother Måns. So they do live outside and inside. While Hoshi is a sweet little girl, albeit somewhat shy sometimes, Måns is the one I find snuggled up to me in the mornings more often than not. Lately, he started to lie in the computer chair behind me. Really nice for cold kidneys....

Crocus banaticus did not flower for 2 years - it was only one corm before, so I guess it got damaged and took some time to regenerate into a clump.
Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)

Arnold

Martin

This is a 'Tortise"cat.

A genetic anomaly.

See here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell_cat
Arnold T.
North East USA