The Mary Sue Ittner Grant for Bulb Research is an annual competitive grant available to PBS members to support any aspect of basic research, field-work, conservation, education, and horticultural discoveries that are geared towards "bulbs". Any plant(s) that fits the definition of a bulb as defined by the PBS Wiki will qualify.
Calls for applications are usually made in Spring of each year.
Application for 2017
Due date: May 1, 2017
- Evan Eifler: "Geissorhiza (Iridaceae), not just another pretty flower, an evolutionary epic waiting to be told"
- Mariano Saviello: "Studies and tissue culture of the endangered Habranthus sanavirone"
- Cody Howard: "The evolutionary history of the Ledebouriinae (Asparagaceae, Scilloideae)"
- No applications received
- Jonathan Hutchinson: "A proposal to study Scadoxus nutans in habitat"
- Cody Howard: "Ledebouria scabrida a Namibian endemic?"